12.22.2010

The Sing-Off Finale!

I'll keep this brief - COMMITTED WON! Needless to say, I was very excited when they were crowned the champions of this competition. Well-deserved! And they had quite the competition, too! So, congrats to the rest of the finalists as well - Street Corner Symphony, The Backbeats, Jerry Lawson and the Talk of the Town!

Each of the finalists performed with already established recording artists. Committed performed with, my boys, Boyz II Men, and they did "Motownphilly", which made me cry anime-like tears (if you watch Japanese anime, you'd understand what I meant by that). Therry (voice-like-buttah) Thomas and Shawn Stockman hugged at the end, and it felt like some kind of passing-of-the-torch, if you will. And Therry totally reminded me of Shawn, 20 years ago (Shawn was THAT skinny too)!

I loved The Backbeats' performance of "Firework" by Katy Perry. They did it so much better than the original. And Kenton can SANG! haha! Loved that falsetto. Go, Trojan! (He graduated from USC as a Jazz Composition major, I believe.)

I tweeted @thesingoff and gave my 2 cents about bringing in guests performers on the show who play instruments! I'm soooo glad Neil Diamond was respectful of the fact that it is an A CAPPELLA show, and did not play any instruments whatsoever, when he sang with SCS & Committed. THANK YOU. I can't say that same for Sheryl Crow, and she even brought another guitarist. 2 guitars in an a cappella competition?! Shame. They could have totally asked the following to perform on the finale: Take 6, Manhattan Transfer (if they're looking for big names). Then of course, there's Rockapella, Naturally Seven (who's touring with Buble' right now), m-pact. C'mon! Why don't they consult Deke Sharon, musical arranger/producer for the show, and ask him who to bring in next time? Heck! They could have had Deke's own group, The House Jacks, to perform!

Anyway, where was I? Yes, very happy with the results. Congratulations, COMMITTED!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot stop watching Doctor Who, I'm almost done with series one. Will start Series two ASAP

Aura said...

I knew you'd love it. Yay! Eccleston, Tennant and even Matt Smith are brilliant! And the show's fantastic! Now, I wanna see it again, from the beginning!