12.10.2010

Sherry's thoughts on The Sing-Off, Season 2, Ep. 2 (and my 2 cents, LOL).

I posted on my pella-friend, Sherry's blog that I was just going to put a link to her page, on here, so that people can read her review of the 2nd episode of The Sing-Off. I pretty much agree to most of what she said, I'll just add my 2 cents in, below.

So, click HERE, for Sherry's review of The Sing-Off 2.2, as she calls it. :)

Here are my 2 cents on the episode, and responses to some of what Sher said as well:

I was never a fan of Nota. They still sounded very amateurish, especially after having heard the groups for this new season. Sher said to colour her unexcited. Well, colour me underwhelmed. If they competed this season instead of the first one, they would not win this one at all. They would've been gone by the 3rd show. They were lucky the talent pool from last season wasn't big and wasn't so great either.

The opening number ("Use Somebody"- Kings of Leon) by everyone was great. I do love Street Corner Symphony's Jeremy Lister's voice. I don't know why, it just does something to me when I hear it. I don't know what that something is though. LOL The solos were great. Jerry Lawson (of Talk of the Town) just melts my heart every time he sings. Such a sentimental fool, I am, when it comes to Jerry (and his former group, The Persuasions). Sean Altman (co-founder and original member of Rockapella), must be beaming with pride, seeing his hero get a second chance at glory. :) Love it!

Whiffenpoofs should have stayed, The Backbeats should have left, even though I love Joanna's voice. On The Rocks are already there to represent the "collegiate a cappella" vibe, and they have pretty similar styles, they just needed to keep one.

I love the green outfits of Committed! I can't get over how well they did with "Apologize", and I was losing it, along with Shawn! haha! (I'm such a Shawn girl.) When they said that they were going to "take it to church", I knew exactly what they meant (our church congregation's "mother church" is an African American church in Long Beach, and they do CHURCH every Sunday!). Anyway, Committed are crazy! Insane! Where do they come up with all these chords?! I love how the crowd erupted right after they did the bell-tones. Gave me chills! It's giving me chills as I type this! I'm such a fan of intricate harmonies, it's ridiculous. Do you know how many times I've listened to Take 6 and Naturally 7 CDs, just to pick apart those friggin' chords they come up with, with the determination to learn them so I can sing along with any part?!?! Anyway, they are clearly my favourite group in the competition.

My favourites so far in this competition:
1. Committed
2. Groove for Thought (covered Mike Posner's "Cooler than Me" and did it so much better, and cooler, than the original).
3. Street Corner Symphony (covered "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train, sans Pat Monahan's REALLY tight pants.)

Sentimental favourites: Jerry Lawson and Talk of the Town, as always. :)

"Bananaaaa!!!!!" - yes, Sher. I heart those Minions, too.

0 comments: