1.20.2005

Going back to your first love.

First Love (Listen HERE)
by Avalon

I used to be the one who would long to hear Your voice
A child who sought to win his Father’s heart
But as I carried on, life’s got a hold on me
Now here I am a son so far from home

CHORUS:

Tell me when did I lose my first love?
Where did the fire and passion go?
Give me back Your holy fire bring me back my lost desire
And restore in me the love I felt for You

Can I remember how it felt ?
When they looked into my face
And they saw the love of Jesus in my life
When I looked back on my life
And questioned where I’ve been
Can I really say I’ve done my best for you?


Revelations 2:1-7… God commended the church in Ephesus for their labour and dedication in doing His work. They did not complain, waver nor grow weary. They were patient and endured hardships for His name’s sake. But God had something against them, they had abandoned their first love. They seemed to have forgotten why they were doing these things in the first place and who they were doing it for. He called them to repent and remember how they had come to where they were at that moment, saved by grace.

Do you ever find yourself getting caught up so much in the ministries that you’re involved in, that they have become routine? Do they start to feel like work? I’ve found myself in that situation quite a few times, without realizing why I’m doing these things in the first place. Remember your first love, Jesus Christ. Remember the reason why you’re doing what you’re doing, why you’re in the ministry that you’re in, why you’re serving the way you do. It’s because we love Him and we are grateful for what He did for us on the Cross.

0 comments: