7.24.2001

Why am I stressin'?

I came in late to work today. All day I was stressin’ about whether I wanted to go Miyagi’s (a restaurant/bar/karaoke on Sunset Blvd) or not. Tuesday night is Karaoke night at Miyagi’s and my cousin decided that I should sing up on stage in front of all these strangers and ocassionally, celebrities, producers and talent agents. Well, I wasn’t stressin’ over the fact that there was a possibility that some Popstars and maybe Devante’ Swing from JoDeCi might be there. But it was the fact that I was SO not in the partying, socializing, showcasing kinda mood today. You say, “what’s the big deal? just don’t go then.” Well, that may very well be true, but my cousin from New Jersey is here in Cali, visiting, along with one of his good friends, and I wanted to hang-out with him. Hence, my dilemma. Hey, don’t get me wrong, any other day, I’d be up on stage, hammin’ it up for a bunch of strangers, doing karaoke (my song of choice “Nobody’s Supposed to Be Here” by Deborah Cox, a fellow Canuck). But today was an exception. Man, I’m tellin’ yah, when I’m in a mood, I’m in a mood. It’s one of my many flaws.

Anyway, we found out that Miyagi’s cancelled Karaoke night tonight so there goes that dilemma. Hah! I stressed out for nothing. We decided to hang out at the Long Beach Town Centre instead and ate at El Torito’s. Needless to say, we got our grub on! I’m not big on Mexican food, but hey, I was hungry! ;) I actually had a chance to go to an *NSYNC concert tonight but because of the whole Miyagi’s karaoke fiasco, I missed my chance. Ah well…No biggie.

Oh, Miyagi’s is owned by Pat Morita (Karate Kid’s Mr. Miyagi, hence, the name) by the way. Okay, time to go to bed.

0 comments: