7.26.2001

Busy day, and to top it off, SALSA!

Had a long day at work today. And to top it all off, all 3 of my bosses were there at the office today! Usually, I only get to work with one of the attorneys at the law office, but today, I worked with all 3! My stress level just shot through the roof, and I was just exhausted from all of it.

We went salsa-dancing tonight. It was for one of my cousins’ b-day celebration, so we all went to The Conga Room in L.A. to salsa our hineys off! Well, I didn’t really get to stay long since I was really tired from work and I felt like I was coming down with something (still do, hope it’s not the flu, ugh!). I didn’t really have time to rest and unwind when I got home from work today and I had only about half-an-hour of down-time ’til we had to leave to go salsa-dancing. They offered lessons at The Conga Room, so April and I went and learn the basic steps and some sequences while, my other 2 cousins, Joyce and Christine, and 2 of Joyce’s friends from work, were having dinner downstairs. Anyway, I had no idea how complicated salsa can be, and you really have to have a good dancing partner to be able to do it right. It’s critical for the man to know how to lead the woman because he does most of the work really, the woman just does what he wants her to do. My partner was pretty good. He knew how to lead and we just kept going and going until we were both comfortable enough to stop counting, lol. I had a great time. Ahhh…my feet are dying though! LOL

On my drive home, I was listening to Avalon’s “In a Different Light” CD. My most favorite song in that CD would probably be, “Can’t Live a Day.” A good love-song for Jesus. Anyway, I was singing along with the CD during this song, and man, I was just having a hard-time reaching those high notes. The singer, Janna Potter, has such a high range for her natural voice. I was straining the whole time I was singing along with her. I’m realizing that my voice is not as strong as it used to be, when I was a voice major. Anyway, I can’t wait to get some formal voice training again. I just want to strengthen my vocal chords again. I haven’t really been taking care of my voice, and I guess a lot of it has to do with being up so late and not getting enough rest (like now, LOL). Okay, with that said, I think I am going to bed. Nite.

0 comments: