7.25.2001

Dirty, dirty, dirty POP.

Another day at work. Not much to do really. I am filling in for the legal assistant here at the law office while she's on vacation with her familia. It's slow here today, so I decided to kill some time by working on my personal website which I started last week. It's coming along pretty nicely, dontcha think? I will get to the pictures hopefully by the end of the day.

What else is there to talk about? Oh, I bought the new *NSYNC cd yesterday. Yeah, I know, I caved in. LOL Can't help it. I think these guys are great performers, not the best singers, but they're amazing performers. They can really put on a great show. With this latest cd, they have totally set themselves apart from the rest (of the boy-bands, that is). They have ventured into the world of two-step garage pop, I believe that's what it's called (forgive me, I am getting old and have not been keeping up with the music scene…leave me alone!) and it seems to be working pretty well for them. I still love the ballads however. One that particularly stands out is the Brian McKnight-produced, "Selfish" which is reminiscent of Boyz II Men, harmony-wise. Ok, ok, I'll admit, I used to be a huge *NSYNC fan. I have a lot of friends who are as well. We would rip off some of their dance routines and incorporate them into our own whenever we do our little musical productions during the summer. Yeah, basically we're wannabes. Well, actually, I'm not part of that group anymore, but I miss singing with them. *sniff*

Well, I've gone on long enough about *NSYNC. What can I say? I like the CD, enough to tell y'all to go out and buy a copy, and get your "Dirty Pop" on.

0 comments: