2.08.2009

My Grammy commentary.

First, let me get this out of the way... I HEART COLDPLAY! I've always liked their music, but after being featured on the show "60 Minutes" tonight, right before the Grammy telecast, I am now a bigger fan. "Viva La Vida" is such an awesome tune! I'm glad it won 'Song of the Year' even if it meant that Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" didn't win. :(

U2 rocked my socks off!

Whitney looked good and healthy. Still a little cooky, but it's good to see her doing well. When's the new album coming out?

Was it just me or did they have the weirdest on-stage collaborations tonight? The Jonas Brothers with Stevie Wonder? Cringe-worthy. Don't get me wrong, those Jo' Bros are talented kids, I'm still waiting for Joe Jonas' voice to fully grow out of puberty into full, grown-man voice, but I would've waited 10 more years for them to take the stage with Stevie Wonder.

I have beef with the Grammy producers. Why in the world were Boyz II Men relegated to mere back-up singers, and Justin Timberlake got to share the spotlight with Al Green?! Umm... something's wrong there. Apparently, that performance was pulled together last-minute because Chris Brown and Rihanna were no-shows, but still.

Two-words: Kanye's hair.

Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus' duet - surprisingly cute.

John Mayer won Best Male Pop Vocal Performance over Jason Mraz. I love both guys, but this caused me to raise my eyebrows. And I thought Jason was going to perform, "I'm Yours". :(

will.i.am's quip: "congratulations to Obama." Have some respect, man. He is the President of the United States, please address him accordingly. He ain't your best friend. Just because you campaigned and voted for him, doesn't mean you have the right to address him however you want to.

Overall, it wasn't the best Grammys I've seen. I missed those days when they would televise performances from other genres besides the mainstream stuff, like classical, jazz and gospel.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Aura! I like Cold Play but Radiohead is better! I think Radiohead should have won all of awards they were up against Cold Play for. don't get me wrong I like Cold Play, just not as much as Radiohead. kinda like the dodgers and angels, I like the dodgers, but I like the angels more!