11.20.2006

“I’m bringing sexy back….*cough*-*cough*”

I’ve lost my voice. I’ve been coughing up a storm that it affected my vocal chords, so now I have this raspy, congested tone, reminiscent of Phoebe Buffay’s sexy, phlegmy voice, as she sung “sticky shoes, sticky shoes” to the tune of “Smelly Cat”. Come to think of it, almost all of her songs sound like “Smelly Cat”. Anyway, I digress. I tend to enjoy hearing myself speak whenever my throat is in this condition. I know, strange innit? It just makes me sound either mysterious, or really, really ill (take your pick – hah!). I just wish I would stop coughing. It wakes me up at night.

Today’s day 1 of our week-long break here at work, due to the Thanksgiving holidays. I’m looking forward to just enjoying this break. I’m looking forward to eating some turkey, and a tryptophan-induced coma. Mmmm…I’m salivating right now. haha! Let me take a sip of my iced, grande, Marble mocha macchiatto….aaaah, refreshing.

I had a dream last night wherein I was reunited with my old friends from college. For some reason, it made me so emotional that I started to cry. I woke up with tears running down my cheeks, but I don’t seem to remember what the dream was all about and why it caused me to cry. I’ve had dreams like that before, where I would wake up with tears in my eyes. But most of the time, I couldn’t remember why I was crying in my dream. It’s quite strange.

Well, I’ve got to get going. My co-worker’s watching the Pacquiao-Morales fight online. Everyone seems to have the Pac-man fever. LOL Speaking of fever, I feel one coming on right now, I’m going to take some Tylenol to fight it. Off to rehearsals!

0 comments: