3.31.2006

I miss singing.

I realized that I haven't really done much singing, outside of church that is, for a few months now. Papuri took a break in February and this month from rehearsing and we're hoping to start up again in April, and In Harmony is on an indefinite hiatus (gosh, I miss singing with my cousins!). Last night, I just had a grand time rehearsing with our Praise and Worship team, learning new songs (new to us, at least), and I got to play my guitar as well (I've developed the callouses again). It was just an awesome time.

I auditioned for my co-worker's band a few months ago, and it seemed like they were leaning towards getting both Blessing and I to be their singers. For the audition, they had us sing 3 songs - Chaka Khan's "You Got the Love" (that was a blast to sing, btw), "Something to Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt, and "Use Me" by Bill Withers (yes, I did the Scott Leonard/Rockapella version, vocally I mean). But alas, the drummer had other plans, upped and left to follow this girl in NYC - hah! So, that's not going to happen at all.

I'm living vicariously through the Americal Idol contestants this season. I've got faves, like Katherine McPhee (I want her to win), Mandisa, Chris Daughtry, and Elliott Yamin (I just love his voice, and I'm a sucker for guys who can sing, who cares if he's not Mr. Goodlooks?! He CAN SAING (sing), picks the most difficult songs to sing like "Moody's Mood for Love" and "Knocks Me Off My Feet" and nails 'em!), and then of course, for aesthetic purposes, Ace Young (LOL). They got to meet one of my favourite artists of all-time, Stevie Wonder, they got to sing his songs. No, I'm not dreaming to be on AI, (besides I'm WAY past the age limit - hah), but just the fact that you get to go and sing everyday of your life in front of the world is exciting. Different kind of adrenalin. Ahhh… I just love to sing, and I'm thankful that God has blessed me with some sort of ability to sing. I'm very grateful.

0 comments: