3.03.2006

Guess who’s back?

Well folks, I’m back. I apologize for the long hiatus. I wasn’t intending on staying away for that long, but it just so happened that I didn’t really have anything to talk about (not that I have anything to talk about now).

I’ve had quite a long day and I’m just thankful that the day has finally ended. I know I should be getting some sleep, but somehow, I’m too restless to sleep. I started the day late (which is not really a surprise). I arrived at work and I just jumped right in an immersed myself in whatever it was that I had to take care of. I’m a bit stressed out since we are starting a new semester with new classes in the next couple of weeks, and I’m already anticipating that it’s going to be slightly chaotic in the next couple of days, in preparation for the new semester. I have no holidays to look forward to, as I don’t have the time to go on one, so I don’t really have time to relax and unwind. I’m looking forward to a brief getaway in December, but that’s months away. I’m still not sure if I’d be able to afford to go on that trip. There’s Vegas in June, but that’s not really a holiday since I’ll be “working”. No, not that kind of “work” (hah! - ya’ll are crazy), more like a singing gig at one of the hotels over there. That’s still in the planning stages, so we’ll see how that pans out.

Everyone’s getting sick around me. My mom’s just barely recovered from her cough - she was having major coughing fits. I think I’m about to come down with something, but I’m fighting it, darn it! I ain’t goin’ down ya’ll. I can’t afford to be sick. Pray for me - I’m gonna need it in the next couple of weeks.

Can you believe I’m currently listening to Teena Marie?! I know, random. I’m at my aunt’s house right now, watching the kids for the night. She had asked me to babysit, as well as do some work-related stuff for her. It had become quiet, couldn’t stand the silence any longer, so I signed on Launch.com, hence, Teena Marie. hah! Boy, am I sleepy!

My current obsession: Band of Brothers. I love that series. Damian Lewis is brilliant. I’m going to marry him. Yes, I will. (Like I said, I’m sleepy.)

I went to Knott’s last Saturday with the cousins and the little chickadees, Nevaeh and Tristen, and after riding the X-Celerator, I realized that I have become too old for rollercoasters. I was feeling the aches and the pains, as well as slight dizziness after 2 rides, but it was worth it, because I got to see how much my 3-year-old niece, Nevaeh, enjoyed herself at the park. Seeing her laugh and smile made me very happy.

Well, I’m going to check up on the kids to see if they’re all settled in for the night. Good night.

0 comments: