8.04.2001

The one about Music.

Saw one of my favorite bands, Dakota Moon, last night at The Whiskey in West Hollywood. Man, they are too good! They rocked so hard! The band is great to watch live, it was kind of annoying though that the microphones were a little muffled, so you couldn't really understand a word they're singing. But I guess that didn't really matter because these guys can play and blend so well. Individually, they all sound great, but the 2 lead vocals, Malloy and Ty stick out the most. Malloy's voice is very soothing and full, can't help but swoon everytime he sings. And Ty, his voice soars…when he reaches those high notes, oh my gosh, it's insane! I'm such a sucker for guys who can sing and, hands down, Malloy and Ty are 2 of the best vocalists I've heard in my entire life. I can't wait for their new CD to come out, it's tentatively titled "A Place to Land" and the title track will be used by NBC to promote their fall line-up this year. The CD is coming out in October.

I went with my cousin to the Lighthouse Christian Bookstore today. I went there to pick up a copy of the latest Avalon CD but ended up getting copy of the new Katinas' CD called "Destiny" and All Together Separate's live worship CD called "Ardent Worship." "Ardent" means passionate; fervent, and "worship" means honor paid to God. When you listen to the CD, the title is very appropriate. One of the better live worship CDs I've heard in a long time. They sang "oldie-but-goodie" worship songs, but added a funk, jazz, soul twist to all of 'em. My favorite, of course, is their cover of the Martin Smith (Deliriou5?) christian anthem "Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble?" And while we're on the subject of worship, my cousin and I went to Christian Assembly this evening to attend their Saturday evening service. Was hoping that Tommy Walker, famous Praise and Worship leader, would be leading P&W tonight, but he wasn't there. Anyway, his substitute was and he did a great job leading the congregation in worship. It was very uplifting and heart-filling (for lack of a better way to describe the experience I guess, LOL).

0 comments: