10.02.2008

NYC, here I come!

I’m leaving for New York City this Friday, along with most of my relatives, and my mom. We’re all taking separate flights but we’re heading to New York for the same reason - one of my cousins, Rachel, is getting married this Saturday. I will only be staying for 5 full days over there, but I will definitely make it a point to savour every moment I spend in the city that has become very dear to my heart. Not only am I looking forward to the wedding, which will probably be very beautiful and emotional (they’ve been together since high school), but I’m looking forward to discovering NYC again. This will be my first time back to New York since 2002. I had been to NYC back in 1997 during a tour with my university chorale - was there for 2 days and 1 night, then again in 2001 once, and twice in 2002. I’d been wanting to return but have not had the opportunity nor a good reason to visit until now. I’ve always been praying for a proper holiday, and the Lord granted it! Praise God! So, “start spreadin’ the news, I’m leavin’ today”… well, actually, I’m leavin’ Friday - haha!

While in NY, I will try to catch a show (or 2) with my cousins. Possibly visit places that I was never able to visit during my previous trips to Manhattan. Too bad it’s not summer anymore, I really would’ve love to have checked out Shakespeare in the Park. It just reminded me of my friend, Nina, who’s currently doing missions with YWAM (Youth with a Mission) in England. She had mentioned to me over chat the other day that she was going to go to The Globe Theatre the following day and catch one of her favourite plays, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” (also one of my faves). That is a dream come true! Shakespeare in the Park would’ve been as close as I would get to see Shakespeare’s work, until I actually get myself to England and watch it at The Globe. One day. *sigh*

Anyway, I will definitely post pictures of the trip on all of my many homes in cyberspace. LOL ‘Ta!

0 comments: