10.28.2008

It’s that time of the year again.

I woke up this morning with the sniffles. Ugh! It’s that time of the year again! I’ve been sitting here at work, sneezing and blowing my nose endlessly. I took some allergy medicine but it doesn’t seem to work. I really hope it’s just the allergies because I cannot afford to be sick, especially in the next couple of months what with all the church functions and singing. I actually didn’t get sick at this time last year, I’m determined to fight this off! More liquids, lots of rest (hah!). I ain’t goin’ down ya’ll. Prayers please! Thanks much. :)

Last Sunday, our church, Olive Christian, celebrated 15 years of God’s faithfulness! We sort of pulled together the planning almost last-minute, but it went really smoothly (almost!), except for the fact that we started half-hour later than we intended. We were blessed to have Saddleback Church’s Ohana (their Aloha Friday Night group), and they shared to us their gifts in song and dance. Praise God for a wonderful time and for those who came and celebrated with us!

I’ve heard it said that death usually comes in threes - and it’s certainly the case these past couple of weeks. Two weekends ago, my Uncle Joel (my mom’s cousin), passed away. He died of a heart-attack and he wasn’t even 50 years old. He is survived by his 3 kids: Jeremiah, Abigail, and John. Their mom passed away about 7 or 8 years ago. Then last weekend, my friend Marnie informed me that her aunt passed away. And just yesterday, she also informed me that her paternal grandmother passed away in the Philippines. It’s always an emotional blow whenever a loved one passes on. I know it all too well. The first few days, you go into survival mode, because there are so many things to take care of. It only starts to hit you when everything’s done, when the dust settles so-to-speak. And that’s when you actually mourn. And I’m sure that my cousins and my friend will go through that phase. But I know that they take comfort in the fact that their loved ones are in Jesus’ arms (they were all believers), and hold on to the hope that they will see them again someday. Please keep all of these families in your prayers. Thank you.

OK, let’s switch gears and not end this on a somber note. :) Still reeling from last night’s episode of Heroes - what in the world is going on?! It’s getting crazier and crazier and more confusing! Bad guys turning into good guys and vice versa! Have to wait 2 weeks for a new episode. They’re making up for a not-so stellar season last year (and of course, the writer’s strike didn’t help!). Should be a good season.

My blatherings end here for tonight. :)

0 comments: