3.23.2011

Musical "bucket list"

These past couple of years, I was privileged to have seen a few of my favourite bands, live. Bands, I never thought I'd get to see live, but yet, I did.

In 2009, I saw New Kids on the Block. They were my first boyband. I was in love with Jonathan Knight, the quiet one. I had the posters, I bought the magazines. I was able to see them 3 times (I know, crazy!) - twice in 2009, once in 2010 (I think). And then, I saw Boyz II Men for the first time ever, at the House of Blues in Anaheim (downtown Disney). I've loved them since high school. I was obsessed. My best friend, Rizza and I pretended that we were girlfriends of Nathan and Shawn. LOL I had the posters as well, the tapes/CDs. It has always been my dream to see them, with Rizza, of course, but we never got to see them together. I made sure that I told her about it, though.

In 2010, Level 42, twice - this was EPIC. Never, ever thought I'd get to see them. And they came to me! I didn't have to spend a fortune, to travel to the UK, to see them! They were in my turf! Wayhey!

I've still got quite a list of bands that I want to see, live. One of which is Duran Duran, which I'm currently watching right now, as they are doing a rebroadcast on YouTube of their show at the Mayan in LA that happened earlier this evening.

Other bands/artists I would love to see, live (meaning, I'd fork up the $$ for):

  • U2
  • Earth, Wind and Fire
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Go West
  • Kajagoogoo
  • Alicia Keys
  • Depeche Mode
  • Tears for Fears
  • Brian McKnight
  • The Cure
I'm sure I'm missing some other artists, but that's the list I have right now. I guess you could say this is a Musical "bucket list" of some sort.


0 comments: