7.16.2007

Here I am, meandering.

As I was sitting at the beach last Saturday, I couldn’t help but appreciate the beauty that was in front of me. Clear skies, white clouds, the sun shining, and water as far as the eyes can see. I was in a bit of a funk earlier that day, but what I saw definitely lifted my spirits up. God is amazing, and I’m in awe of His handiwork. It made me realize that I need to be thankful for every single thing that I have, and not look for things that I don’t have. It was the most relaxing time I’ve had for a very long time, and I really appreciated every moment of it, just sitting there, reading, and admiring the majesty of God through His creation.

Although, being at the beach was quite a nice break from the mundane, I did get a, somewhat, bad sunburn on the back of my neck. I did put on some sun-block but it got washed off when I went into the water with my cousin, Jaya. And of course, I forgot to bring a swimsuit, nor extra clothes (I wasn’t really intending on getting into the water), so I went in with what I was wearing. I developed the sunburn while I was trying to dry myself and my clothes under the sun all day. Well, I’ll be sure to bring a swimsuit and extra set of clothes next time, just in case.
I obtained a couple of minor injuries here at work today. While I was putting away books onto our shelves, I scraped a finger, and I chipped a nail. Wow, that’s the highlight of my day! So fun…

On more trivial things, I still haven’t seen the new Harry Potter movie nor have seen Transformers for a second time. I know I’ll make my way to the movies somehow, but right now, I just don’t have the energy for it. I really wish I could just stay at home for one day and just chill.

0 comments: