3.21.2007

About friendships.

I found this while trying to clean up some files from the comp here at work… Just thought I’d post it. I wrote this back in January of 2006! It seems like I was pretty frustrated about a friendship I have with someone or just friendships in general. I don’t even remember what triggered this. haha! Strange.

On friendships:

I didn’t realize that friendships could be fleeting. Well, maybe they aren’t. But, I am probably just frustrated about the fact that a friendship can fall prey to being dismissed so easily. It’s a lot easier to maintain a friendship when you’re constantly in the presence of the other person, but I believe that the true test of friendship happens when you are apart. How strong can a bond be between people, to be able to preserve the closeness of that particular kind of relationship? Maybe it stems from the possibility that the friendship was shallow to begin with.

0 comments: