9.15.2006

I'd like a break, please.

It’s been 2 weeks since new enrollment started, and I can’t believe I’m still standing. Well, barely. I’ve consumed so much coffee these past 2 weeks, I think if you try to prick me with a needle, brown goo will ooze out. I like being busy though, even if I complain about it a lot (haha). The fact of the matter is, I like being kept on my toes. It’s such a rush.

On Sept 23rd, my cousins Joyce, Christine and I, along with a bunch of old friends from Ordinary People, are performing at a Music festival in San Pedro, which is held by The Light of the Lighthouse, a non-profit, Christian organization. We had our first rehearsal last Monday, and can I just say that these guys are incredibly talented?! I’m so privileged to be part of this endeavour and I get to sing with my old cohorts from OP, Kurtz and Dowai, which is always a thrill for me. I miss hearing their beautiful singing voices. I wish we could have an OP reunion one of these days. I think it would be incredible. So, the band rocked. Wow. I’m excited to be performing along with them. Please pray that people will feel the presence of the Lord, and will be able to worship along with us.

If you guys would like to come and see us, (our group is called Monk Funk - haha), here are the details:

The Light at the Lighthouse Festival
Saturday, September 23rd, at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro, CA
***Monk Funk goes on at 6pm (we’re only doing a 30-minute set, and we’re closing out the festival).

Waiting for this day to be over. I’m looking forward to doing nothing on the weekend (except for working tomorrow morning).

0 comments: