8.02.2005

feelin’ the need to update.

I am feeling the need to update my blog. However, I don’t really have much to say. I don’t even quite know where to begin. I’m afraid that the novelty of blogging/online journaling has started to wear itself off. I started an online journal for the sole purpose of writing down whatever random thoughts I have at the time and to keep an account on what I do everyday. But these days, I would rather just read other people’s blogs. Anyway, I’m rambling. Hmm…I’m trying to think of things to post. Let’s see… Ahhh yes! Last weekend, I went to go watch Wicked the Musical with my cousins and some friends for my cousin Joyce’s birthday. One of the best musicals I’ve ever seen! I think it’s becoming one of my favourites especially as I listen to the soundtrack more and more. It has great songs, and it has quite a fun and interesting storyline. Of course, if you’re a fan of The Wizard of Oz, this musical is definitely a must-see. I found myself fighting back tears at the end of the musical! I’ve never really cried watching a musical before. Well, I may have had shed a tear or two when I saw Les Miserables. Great songs for female soloists! It would’ve been incredible however, if I had seen the musical with the original Elphaba (Idina Menzel) and Glinda (Kristin Chenoweth), but the alternatives weren’t bad at all! I would definitely see it again when it comes back to Southern California next summer.

I’ve never hidden the fact that I’m fascinated with the United Kingdom and I found this site that actually shows a bird’s eye-view of Wales. It’s truly a wonderful place and I hope to get to visit it some time in the future. My dream wedding would actually be in Wales, maybe right outside Cardiff Castle. Actually, any castle in the U.K. would do, preferably by a bluff overlooking a body of water. That would be the most fantastic wedding locale. Oh well, I can dream, can’t I? Allow me to dream a little longer (mind starts to drift off…).

Can I just say I love PBS?! I really do. They have great programming - educational and diverse. And they actually show my British shows that I used to watch back when I was in Toronto! My most favourite would have to be Masterpiece Theatre. They bring classic literature to life. Last week, they showed The Forsyte Saga. What a treat! If I am not out and about on a Saturday night/Sunday afternoon-evening, you’ll most likely find me at home, watching my PBS shows.

Friendster can prove to be useful in searching for lost-long relatives. This past couple of weeks, I’ve found 3 of my cousins on my dad’s side that I have not seen nor talked to in years! One lives in London, the other lives in Saudi Arabia, and the other one lives in Toronto. And I found out that I have 2 adorable little nephews who I didn’t know existed, who live on the other side of the world! I hope I get to meet them someday.

Wow, it turns out that I had a lot of things to post about after all.

0 comments: