12.13.2004

Fast food and crime?

Man, I’m just finding out about this Subway shooting! I’m watching the news and they’re showing the surveillance footage that they got from the Subway restaurant Friday night. And just this past Sunday, the new Starbucks that just opened down the street from my flat, the one on Del Amo and Pioneer, got robbed, and this happened while I was in their bathroom!!! I got out just in time to see the perp drive off in his truck and one of the Baristas running out of the store to chase him down! Fortunately, there was a cop driving down Del Amo when the guy sped off and turned on a red light without stopping first at the intersection. He got pulled over about a block away from the Starbucks and all of us in the store were hoping that he got busted. The cop and the perp were there for a long while and I left before I even found out what the outcome was. Anyway, I went to get my coffee again this afternoon before going into work and saw the girl Barista who was at the counter when the guy grabbed the 2 tip containers in front of her last night. I asked what happened after I left last night, and if they got their money back. She said that nothing happened, and the cope probably didn’t even know that the guy had just robbed them. So, they were left without their tips from last night. Man, what’s up with that? Are people really that desperate that they would resort to a crime to get their kicks? I’m just glad that no shooting occurred. I thank God we were spared from something like that, especially after just having found out what happened at the Subway store in Whittier last Friday. Lord, thank you. Anyway, I’m just sad about what this world’s coming to. Sad world we live in now. My brothers and sisters in Christ, we gotta get a move on it and tell them about Jesus. Lord, grant us the boldness. And even so, come Lord Jesus! We can’t wait for your return!

So after about 7 years of wearing it long, I finally chopped off my hair. Yep, it is once again, short! S-H-O-R-T! Hee hee… I’m really loving it right now. It’s sooo easy to manage, I can just wash it and go. Here it is…

What do you guys think?

Here’s another one taken today with Charisse, who also got her hair cut!

My long locks are gone…

Well, I’m off to bed.

0 comments: