5.01.2013

I Am Second - LeCrae's Testimony

Rapper Lecrae’s amazing, powerful testimony on how he was “bought with a price”.
Some quotes from the video that struck me:
“I remember, when I was 17, and a woman asked me, ‘Are you saved?’ I didn’t have any idea what she meant. Saved? What the heck is ‘saved’”

“I see guys who’ve been shot from being in gangs. I see, you know, girls who were extremely promiscuous in the past. I see rappers, I see dancers, I see singers. I see people who came from the same background I came from. And they still embodied who they were, culturally, but, they were ALL IN LOVE WITH JESUS. And I have never seen that before.”

“Somebody said, I was bought with a price….. Somebody thinks I’m significant enough to die for me. Somebody thinks I’m significant enough to climb up this mountain with this cross on His back and take nails on His wrists and His feet, for me.”

“I’ve learned to stay close to my source of significance, to my source of worth. And, uh, it’s God.”

0 comments: