1.30.2013

Dream destination #1 - London, England, U.K.

Ever since I can remember, I've always had this fascination with the U.K. Not sure where that actually came from, but it's definitely one of the many places I would like to travel to, and possibly, Lord-willing, I move to. When I am able to travel, I will definitely take my first trip to London with my mother, of course. I want her to be my traveling companion as long as she's able to (One of the many reasons why I want to move back to Toronto. But I digress.).

First stop: Buckingham Palace
Well, it's just a given that I would visit Buckingham Palace, being that it's a definite tourist-destination. I would like to witness the changing of the guard. Perhaps, try to make one of them laugh. Who knows, maybe get a glimpse of HM Queen Elizabeth II or other royals (ehem.... Harry. lol).

The Tower Bridge
Every time I see this, the children's song "London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down." comes to mind. She's a beaut, ain't she? Especially at night. I want to cross that bridge.

Parliament and "Big Ben"
Ahhh.. good ol' Ben. I would like to meet and see you up close. One day, soon, I hope.

The London Eye
I'd definitely like to take a ride on the Eye, and see London that way. I hear that it takes 30 minutes for it to go all the way around. Ahh.. something to experience, I suppose. It just looks so cool. And it always makes me think of the first Doctor Who episode I've ever seen. The one with Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper, called "Rose". My first introduction to DW.

The Globe Theatre
This is a definite must-visit, for a lover of Shakespeare's work like myself! I would love to see a stage production there. I think it would be a total geek-out for me to be there and just be part of literary history.

Piccadilly Circus

London's West End (Theatre District)
Of course, being a theatre-lover as well, I would have to take in a show or two at London's West End. I HAVE TO.

Notting Hill (Market)
Because of the movie, and a certain "panda" recommended it.  I would love to walk and shop around. And eat at the same restaurant aforementioned panda ate burgers at (oh my, he's so cute. lol).

Harrod's

For some shopping, have to stop by Harrod's. Why not?

This is just barely scratching the surface. Of course, there are other places in and outside of London that I would love to see. I would post about them at another time. But for now, are there another places anyone would recommend for me to see, when I visit London?

0 comments: