3.21.2012

I was told by one of my co-workers that I’m “classy” because I listen to jazz music. I find that really amusing. The reason she said this was because I always have Pandora on at work, and most of the music that come on my playlist is instrumental jazz while everyone else’s playlists include whatever is hot on the charts right now. Made me realize that I do have interests that aren’t really mainstream. I listen to a lot of jazz, both vocal and instrumental, and in its various forms. I also love a cappella music. I watch a lot of shows on PBS, The History Channel, Travel Channel, and SyFy Network, to name a few. I recite fantasy/sci-fi movie dialogue, almost verbatim, and I find Simon Pegg far more attractive than, say, Brad Pitt or George Clooney. I’m also full-blown Anglophile. I’m sure that there are others who are like me, however, like I’ve said, it is not mainstream,  not “the norm.”  Going back to what my co-worker said, it just struck me funny that she thinks listening to jazz music makes a person “classy”. Well, maybe, I am. Winking smile

0 comments: