5.19.2011

It's such a crazy coincidence that a few of the artists I admire, graduated/attended a couple of the colleges that I appleid for, right after high school. One was Berklee College of Music. Found out later on that Jeff Thacher, vocal percussionist of Rockapella, graduated from Berklee. I also found out John Mayer, and Ernie Halter attended that school. Quincy Jones, Pat Metheny, Dominic Miller, as well. And many more. I got accepted to Berklee, by the way. However, I was too chicken to leave the nest and go to school out-of-state. Hindsight 20/20? I should have totally gone!

And the other one was Guildhall School of Music and Drama. I applied, but didn't finish the process. Found out much, much later on that Michael Lindup, vocalist/keyboardist of Level 42, graduated from Guildhall.

Anyway, totally random. But, I was just thinking about that. Something I would have had in common with people I admire. Ernie and I could have been there around the same time, along with John Mayer. Crazy notion.

0 comments: