1.19.2009

Slow day.

It’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Day today. I hope that everyone enjoyed their break today, since I didn’t get one at all! All day long I’ve been getting calls here at work asking if we’re having classes today. Other than that, it’s been quite an uneventful day.

I’m currently chatting with my friend, Vanessa, who just got home from taking her precious cat, Maddie May, to the vet. Her brother (Vanessa’s, not Maddie’s) Given told me that the cat hasn’t been eating all day and is having diarrhea! They took her to the vet as soon as Vanessa got home from work. The vet told them that there’s a possibility that she needs to get admitted for some x-rays and observation. Thankfully, it didn’t have to come to that. She is now telling me that the cat has a cold! But guess what, she had to pay $66 for the consultation/check-up and anti-biotics. $66 for a cold? How much do we usually pay for a cold medicine, Nyquil or Sudafed? $8 or $10 max? I told her that her cat is very high-maintenance. And she agrees.

The clock is slowly ticking away. I want it to be 8pm already! I want to go home! Well, actually, I want to go to Walmart and buy an HP Deskjet printer, copier and scanner for $29. Yes! $29! Only catch is that it doesn’t come with its own USB cable. But you can purchase one for about $8. I’m excited! And I get to use the Walmart gift-card I got for Christmas! I need one mostly for church stuff. I can’t use the copier at work anymore for my mass copying-spree.

This past week, I had to have all of my brakes and brake-pads replaced because I didn’t realize I’ve already ran it to the ground. Yeah, I know… So, I’ve finally gotten them replaced (all 4 brakes), which cost me an arm and a leg, but I had no choice, it was a necessary expense. The bright spot is that my car doesn’t make that weird, scratching-the-metal sound anymore. I vowed to myself to get my car checked more often. I’m so bad at it! Up next, an oil change. I’d have to agree with my cousin Joyce when she said, “serves you right.” LOL

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello