7.10.2006

Guess who's back in town?

Well folks, I’m back from my short, but much needed trip to Santa Maria. The convention went well, the concert was exhausting, but I praise God for the opportunity to minister over there. Santa Maria is a nice town, and the weather was fantastic! It wasn’t as hot as it is down here in L.A. Despite not getting much sleep, I had fun. We stopped by Santa Barbara on the way back home. I haven’t really had a chance to see Santa Barbara until last Saturday, and I have to say that SB is a quaint little town, kind of romantic in a way. It’s one of those places where you can just take a stroll around, alone or with a companion . I wouldn’t mind going back there. I’ve only been to Santa Barbara a couple of times to see Rockapella, but other than that, that was probably the first time I actually saw what Santa Barbara was all about. We did some outlet shopping in Camarillo as well. I bought couple of things, for ma mère, ma nièce et mon neveu (my mom, my niece and my nephew), and a wrist watch pour moi (gave myself a treat).

Today, we buried my great aunt (my maternal grandma’s sister), Lola Conching. She passed on peacefully, in her sleep, last Wednesday, July 5th, very early in the morning. She’s survived by her husband, Lolo Cio (92 yrs old), 7 kids and 10 grandchildren. It’s always hard to lose a loved one, especially one who’s very dear to us, but we are assured of the fact that we will see her again someday. Her gravesite is next to my dad’s, so I got very emotional just seeing them lower her casket. It just brought back some images from when my dad was buried, which was in the same area, plus the fact that seeing her kids crying and grieving, moved me. She will be missed.

0 comments: