9.30.2004

Today’s events.

Well, work was quite uneventful today. Other than lifting boxes filled with Yamaha music ed materials all day and preparing them for the new group classes that we’re starting next week, it was pretty much a quiet day. Incredibly enough, the phones weren’t ringing off the hook and there weren’t a lot of walk-in inquiries as well. My back is now a little strained after much lifting, however. I think I just forced myself to do too much. Ah well, I’m starting to feel it right about now. I guess I should take some Tylenol before bed.

Last night at Bible study, we talked about our spiritual gifts (based on 1 Corinthians 12 and Ephesians 4) and how God gave them to us as His children to fulfill our purpose in life, and as a result I decided to take one of those “spiritual gifts” test and find out what my spiritual gifts are. My top 3, according to the test, were (and their description): the gift of Music (a special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to praise God through various forms of music and enhance the worship experience of the local congregation), the gift of Faith (a special gift whereby the Spirit provides Christians with extraordinary confidence in God’s promises, power, and presence so that they can take heroic stands for their future of God’s work in the church), and the gift of Serving (special gift whereby the Spirit empowers certain Christians to identify unmet needs of people and implement plans to meet those needs. Serving one another, like witnessing, is a calling of all Christians, but there are some who have a special desire to find ways to serve, and get great blessing from it. There seems to be a special desire to meet physical needs in the people who have this gift).

The gift of Music is probably the most obvious one for me out of the 3, but the other 2 were somewhat of a surprise to me. I guess I was never really aware that those are actually spiritual gifts, and even more of a surprise that I may possibly have been given those gifts. I just probably haven’t tapped into those as much. That little exercise made me more aware of these gifts and utilize them more and more as I walk daily with Christ and continue to learn from His teachings.

Each of us have been given spiritual gifts by God and we are to use them to benefit the body of believers. Gifts that are not used are of no value. Do we all know what your spiritual gifts are? Something to think and pray about.

4Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; 6and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. 7To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good…11All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

1 Corinthians 12:4-7, 11 (ESV)

0 comments: