2.23.2003

m-pact Concert - Sophie B. Clarke Theatre, Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut, CA - February 22, 2003

Last night I went to see m-pact in concert at Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, CA and I have to say that that concert was probably one of the best, if not THE best, a cappella concerts I've seen eversince I became an a cappella fan. First of all, my hats off to the guys of m-pact. They're such amazing talents and it was really inspiring to see them perform last night. They've never sounded better. Their talents shine the most when they do their jazz tunes, the harmonies are so tight, it was amazing to listen to. Their new addition, Rudy Cardenas, did an amazing job. This was only the 2nd time I've seen m-pact live and they just blew me away. The highlight of the night however, and probably one that will go down in vocal percussion history as one of the best demonstration of vp talent, was during the last song, "On Broadway", Jake Moulton (m-pact's vp) invited Matt Selby (m-pact's former/original vp) on-stage and the 2 engaged in a vp/beatboxing battle!Wow! It was phenomenal! They went on and on forever! I don't know if that has ever happened before (jake and matt battling), but I have to say that if you weren't there last night, you definitely missed out! Mind-blowing! Jake and Matt, thank you for sharing your phenomenal talents with all of us who were there last night. It was definitely a night to remember. I could go on and on about the show last night, but words couldn't do justice to the experience of actually being there. If any of you haven't had a chance to see m-pact, do check 'em out when they're in your area. Definitely the best of what contemporary a cappella has to offer.

0 comments: