12.10.2005

A Rockapella Christmas - Cal Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA - December 9, 2005

First, let me say that, after seeing them tonight, I realized that I missed those guys. The concert was fantastic! They had an all-Christmas repertoire, which was understandable of course because of the season (duh!) BUT, I really wished they incorporated more of their non-Christmas stuff. But hey, I'll stop complaining because these guys did an amazing job! I absolutely loved their arrangement of "Angels We Have Heard on High" and Scott made my dream come true by singing "Christmas Without You". JB did a tap number (I forget in which song though - sorry), and the guys were just busting with choreography left and right! I enjoyed the "Silent Night" sing-along, and so of course, my friends and I, most of whom are singers/musicians, started singing harmonies, since the whole auditorium decided to just sing in unison. George seemed to have liked it and said that he'd like for all of us to join them on their Christmas tour (but I guess he says that everytime). They did sing "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" and "Carmen Sandiego" for the encore, and "Hold Out For Christmas" as a bonus - off-mic. That was beautiful. However, I really wanted to hear the new non-Christmas songs that I'd been hearing about for the past few months, but I guess they're just going to have to come back some other time for that (just like Jeff promised). We didn't stay for the meet-and-greet, but on our way to the parking lot, we did run into the guys as they hopped onto this golf-cart which would take them to the M&G site. So, Jeremy asked me if I wanted to say "hi". I said, "why not?!" I, then, took out my camera and ambushed them with a picture. Kevin, realizing who I was, hopped off the cart and gave me a big hug (awww KW, you're too cool)! My cousins and our other friends, realizing that I was talking to the guys, ran towards us, and it seemed like the guys were really genuinely glad to see us. Jeff kept telling us that they'll be back for more shows next year. I told him they better. Scott, who was lagging, finally hopped onto the cart as they were being wheeled away, but I managed to say "hi" to him, and he looked at me and said "Aura, right?" and I said "yeah!". Scott has just scored major "awesome" points for remembering my name after not having seen me in over a year! What are the odds of him remembering my name, after having met thousands of people over the span of his 15-year career with Rockapella?! Yeah, so I love Scott. hehe I'll post the picture that I took of the guys when I ambushed them with my camera sometime tomorrow. For now, I'm gonna go get some sleep. *yawn* Good morning! ;)

0 comments: