7.05.2005

Post 4th of July update.

Wow, it’s been a while since I last posted. I feel like I’ve been away for so long, in some far-off place. There are so many things I need to share about the missions project that I went to this past week. I promise, I will share all the experiences that we had during those 5 days that we spent out in South L.A. once I’ve gathered my thoughts together and read up on my journal. haha, I’m talking about it like it’s some distant, foreign place - but in a way, it seemed like a different world altogether, especially with all the things that we saw and experienced over there. So, stayed tuned for that.

Anyway, last night, I went to see Batman Begins, and I have to say, it made me a fan again. George Clooney killed the Batman franchise for me, but Christian Bale did such an awesome job as the Caped Crusader (and boy, does he look good in a suit as Bruce Wayne!) that it made me excited for the next installment. I could cross that off of my summer-must-see-movie list. Up next, Fantastic Four!!! Keep an eye out for Mr. Fantastic/Reed Richards. This guy’s a brilliant actor, Ioan Gruffudd. I’m going out on a limb to say that this film (FF) will NOT be his best work, but I’ve seen his other movies, most notably A&E’s Hornblower, and Masterpiece Theatre’s Great Expectations, and he’s a wonderful actor. OK. that’s my movie-actor recommendation for the day. :)

So, yesterday was the 4th of July holiday, although I didn’t do anything spectacular, it was still quite nice. Spent it with the fam. Did the karaoke thing and hung out with the babies. Tristen is a crack-up! I love that kid. So chubby. Love it! Lo-ove it! At night, went with Jeremy, April, Tine and Nevaeh to Cerritos Park East to see some fireworks and then, April, Jer and I went to go see Batman Begins. That was pretty much what went on for the 4th of July for me. And today was my first day back at work. *groan* It was a nice day out too, could’ve gone to the beach. Maybe I’ll do that next week.

0 comments: